Anna Maria Island News

Use this page for all your Island news ranging from the best gossip in town to the best vacation accommodation bargains. I have lived on the island for 20 years, so am still considered a newcomer but then no one cares in this great laid back atmosphere. Fishing, boating, cook outs and generally enjoying life is more important than work. http://annamaria.com/

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The island is peaceful and quiet this morning. I walked the beach early this morning and just had seabirds for my companions. It's well worth getting up early and going over to the beach to stroll along the sands at the edge of the water. The other day I found a small fossil that now has pride of place in my house. A few years ago a French professor came to stay and showed us how to spot fossils. He used to bring them over to my office on the beachfront and explain in details what and how old they were. Fascinating, I was quite sad when he left.

Looking up some details on Florida last night I came across a great web site Luddist.com has facts, figures and history of Florida that make interesting reading if you want to know how Florida came to be as it is today.

On the food front, I am today making a Key Lime Pie from scratch, using Mary Holmes' recipe. You can buy a very good version from Publix just down the road, but using 3 eggs and 5 fresh limes, plus a short crust or crushed cookie base is just unbeatable.The only problems is that it flies off the plate so fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home