Anna Maria Island News

Use this page for all your Island news ranging from the best gossip in town to the best vacation accommodation bargains. I have lived on the island for 20 years, so am still considered a newcomer but then no one cares in this great laid back atmosphere. Fishing, boating, cook outs and generally enjoying life is more important than work. http://annamaria.com/

Monday, November 03, 2008

Rose early the other morning and walked the beach at sunrise. I planned to pay another visit to the Anna Maria Island Historical Society Museum. In order to keep up my new fitness regime I took the bicycle out of the garage and cycled up the island to Pine Avenue in Anna Maria City. It is one of the smallest museums in Florida but, to me, one of the most interesting. Archived photos of times gone past from the early parts of the last century onwards, on through the fifties and sixties are my favorite. I love sifting through them. The volunteers are friendly and chat knowledgeably about the island's past. On the way home I stopped off at Matt & Dom's pastry cafe, just cannot resist some cappuccino or maybe if I am feeling saint like a smoothie. The pastries are delicious and as I cycled several miles I enjoyed these treats without guilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home