Anna Maria Island News

Use this page for all your Island news ranging from the best gossip in town to the best vacation accommodation bargains. I have lived on the island for 20 years, so am still considered a newcomer but then no one cares in this great laid back atmosphere. Fishing, boating, cook outs and generally enjoying life is more important than work. http://annamaria.com/

Saturday, September 20, 2008

I walked down 6th Avenue this morning, past the the pretty properties that have the look of the Mediterranean about them, then turned left on 42nd and left again into 5th Avenue. I wanted to come up to take a look at a really pretty house called Villa Cassandra. It has a waterfall in the pool and the gardens are full of blooming tropical plants. What a gorgeous place. I am looking for a house to suit some friends who are coming over to Anna Maria Island in a couple of weeks time and they asked me to find them the best that the island has to offer.

On my way back I stopped off at Publix bakery and picked up some of their luscious glazed doughnuts and hurried back to brew a fresh pot of coffee to go with them. We had a picnic out on the balcony overlooking the bay. we spotted a Manatee way out in the water, I could not find the binoculars but we watched until it slowly made its way into the distance.

What a perfect morning.

Check out the photographs of Anna Maria Island on Jim Harrington's web page, he has over 500 shots of the island

Anna Maria Island Photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home